We are upgrading to a better video streaming platform for Canvas called Canvas Studio. It will replace our current platform, Kaltura, which we have been using for over 10 years but does not offer the modern features our users need.
Refer to this self-paced Canvas course for information on how to use Studio.
Here are just a few of the following benefits Canvas Studio will offer:
· Easier usability for faculty
· Commenting capability
· Better analytics to see who is actually viewing course videos
· More robust in-video quizzing capabilities and immediate gradebook updates
Automatic Video Migration Timeline
Which videos will get automatically migrated from your course?
All course videos recorded in Kaltura will be migrated to Canvas Studio as long as the video has been watched at least 10 times in the last four years, since January 1, 2019. [Note: Zoom recordings will not be included in the migration to Studio.]
Kaltura Available in View-Only Mode Until June 30, 2024
What happens to those videos that were not automatically migrated from Kaltura to Canvas Studio?
Kaltura videos will still be available for viewing through the entire upcoming academic year (i.e., view-only mode, not recording or editing). That means all Kaltura videos will be viewable by you or your students in Canvas courses. This overlap year will allow you ample time to review any videos that you wish to keep that did not get automatically migrated and to manually migrate them yourself before July 2024.
Need More Information?
· Learn about Canvas Studio: You can also go visit the Canvas Community to find out more information about the product.
· 24/7 Canvas Support: You will be able to use our 24/7 Canvas Support for any assistance that you might need with Studio.